// Call for Entries//
Seattle Design Festival is seeking designers, individuals, students, and teams for the 2012 Design Jam: a Street Furniture Design Competition.
Entrants will be asked to consider how street furniture in an urban setting can help the public engage and interact with their urban environment. Entries will be evaluated on their creative use of provided material, craft, and their potential for urban impact.
Registration for the 2012 Design Jam will be processed by Brown Paper Tickets
registration closes Sept. 6 at 10pm PST
$100 per entry.
Fee includes material package provided by Seattle Design Festival.
- September 6, 2012 (10pm) - Registration Closes
- September 7, 2012 (starting at 10am) - Material package ready for pick-up at Dunn Lumber (Seattle)3801 Latona Avenue, Seattle, WA 98105
List of teams will be shared with all entrants to allow for material swap or pooling of resources.
- September 21, 2012 (9am - 11am) - Contestants to drop off street furniture entries at the Seattle Design Festival. 974 John Street, Seattle, WA 98109
- September 23, 2012 (6pm - Midnight) -contestants to remove entries
Your entry fee includes a material package supplied by Dunn Lumber of Seattle. (Please check timeline for material pick-up availability.)
Provided by the Seattle Design Festival:
- 1 sheet 1/2” CDX plywood
- (4) 8’-2x4 lumber
- 5’x5’ Drop cloth (canvas)
- Length of cable
Provided by Contestants:
- Fasteners provided by contestants
- One item from ReStore in Ballard. Restore will honor a 15% discount for Design Jam contestants
- Natural material color is recommended. Black or white paint is acceptable.
Entries will be labeled during the festival.
Winners of the Design Jam will be announced during the festival on Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 2pm and published at a later date.
responsibilities of the contestants
Contestants are responsible for the transportation of their entries to and from the Seattle Design Festival - Design Block site. Any entries left on site will be demolished.
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit SeattleDesignJam.com for further information.